【#
Have we got anything to do after school?
放学以后我们还有事吗?
Yes, we are going to have a general cleaning.
有啊,我们要做大扫除。
General cleaning.
大扫除?
Don’t you remember we do it every Wednesday after school?
你忘了我们每周三放学后都做大扫除。
Oh, yes. What’s my group going to do?
噢,对。我们组干什么?
Clean the windows, will you?
擦窗户怎么样?
Mr. Zhang, may I ask for half a day’s leave?
张老师,我能请半天假吗?
What’s the matter?
怎么啦?
My stomach has been aching for several days and my mother is going to take me to the hospital this afternoon.
我胃疼好几天了,今天下午我妈妈要带我去医院。
I’m sorry to hear that. Go and have a thorough check-up. I hope you’ll get it over soon.
真不幸,去做个彻底检查,希望你早日恢复健康。
Thank you.
谢,谢老师。
Hi, Mary, shall we go home together?
嗨,玛丽,我们一起回家吧?
Sorry. I’ll have to stay behind for a while. Our monitor asked me to help him putup this wall-mewspaper. Will you go first?
对不起,我得留一会儿,班长让我帮他贴上这期墙报。你先走,好吗?
OK. See you tomorrow.
行啊,明天见。
See you.
明天见。
The winter vocation is coming.
寒假就要来了。
Yes, students all like holidays.
是的,学生都喜欢放假。
Now they have more holidays, summer and winter vocation and many legal holidays.
现在他们有许多假期,寒假暑假以及许多法定假日。
But have you ever heard that the students had holiday because the schoolmaster moved to new house?
但是你听说过因为校长乔迁新居所以学生放假吗?
No, was there any celebration?
没有,有什么庆祝活动吗?
The students were not involved in the celebration, but the schoolmaster invited all the teachers so students had to have holiday because of no teacher.
学生不参加庆典,但是校长邀请了所有的老师,所以学生们因为没有老师上课而被迫放假。
Amy: What's up, Michael? You look down today.
你怎么了,迈克尔?你看起开很低落。
Michael: I got a "C" again in the English exam. What do you think I should do?
我这次英语测试又得了'C'级,你觉得我应该怎么做?
Amy: Well, English is a "paper tiger". Its natural enemy is adequate practice.
英语是个“纸老虎”,它的敌人是足够的练习。
Michael: I did practice a lot, like doing lots of reading comprehension exercises every day.
我做了很多练习,每天做很多好像阅读理解这类的练习。
Amy: Well, I suggest that every day you do some reading aloud, and try to speak more .That will help cultivate your sense of the language, which is essential for English learning.
好的,我建议你每天读一些阅读,尝试多说一点。这有助于你培养语感,这在英语学习中至关重要。
Michael: I see. I'll give it a try.
我知道了,我会试试的。
Are you ok, Chuck? You look pale.
查克,你没事吧?你脸色看起来不太好.
I'm fine, Katherine. I just stayed up late last night working on my Chinese.
我没事,凯瑟琳,就是昨天晚上熬夜学汉语,很晚才睡。
Oh, poor you. You know what? I found a new way to learn Chinese and it works very well.
真可怜,你知道吗,我发现一个学汉语的新方法,还挺有效的呢。
You did? Do tell me. I've spent all these months trying to learn something new about it, but I've made little progress!
是吗?你可一定要告诉我。我这几个月一直在学,可几乎什么都没学到。
Sure. I'm learning Chinese through songs.
当然可以啦,我的方法就是“唱歌学中文”。
So you're learning Chinese songs?
那你就是在学中文歌啦?
You can say that. I can actually sing some of them now.
没错!我现在都会唱几首。
That's a real achievement. How did you do that?
真了不起!你是怎么学会的。
I start by listening to the song a few times and after several times I am able to follow the singer.
一开始,我先听听,几遍下来,我就能跟上节奏啦。
It makes sense.
挺有道理的。
It does. I've learned some Chinese folk songs this way. They are clearly presented and easy to follow.
是啊。我这么学了几首中国民歌,这些歌都唱得很清楚,很好学。
Can I join you, Katherine? I do want to have a try.
凯瑟琳,我照跟你一块儿吗?我也想试试这个方法。
Why not? I downloaded a beautiful song the other day. We can learn it together now.
当然.可以,几天前我下了首好听的歌,我们可以—块儿学。
Great. Do you think we need a Chinese dictionary?
太好了,我们要带本汉语字典吗?
Yes, just in case we run into me new characters.
带吧,要是我们遇上生字,可以查一查。
Ok. I will bring it with me.
好的,我把我的字典带上。
Mary, that's the school office.
玛丽,学校行政室在那里。
Aren't you coming in with me?
你不和我一起去吗?
No. I want you to try this yourself.
不。我要你自己试看看。
Okay.
好罢。
Hi, there. How can I help you?
嗨,你好。我能帮你什么忙吗?
My name is Mary Lin. I would like...
我的名字是玛丽·林。我想要……
Mary Lin? Oh, I've been expecting you.
玛丽·林?哦,我一直期待着你的到来。
You have?
您一直?
The school knows that you're coming. Here, fill this form out. We need your address, phone number, and other important information regarding you yourself.
学校知道你要来。这儿,把这份表格填一填。我们需要你的地址、电话号码和你其它相关资料。
Well, you seem to enjoy speaking English.
额,你似乎很喜欢说英语。
You can't help learning when you're using it all day. You'll see.A few weeks' study in the school will have a similar effect on you.
当你整天都用它的时候,你会忍不住学习它。你会明白的。在学校学几个星期对你会有相同的影响的。
I hope so.You see, at the moment I find it difficult to get used to the teacher's speed and accent.I'm awfully worried, I can't reply as quickly as she seems to expect.
希望如此。你看,现在,我发现适应老师的语速和口音很难。我非常着急,我不能像她期待的那样快来回答。
Oh, she likes keeping us on our toes by getting us use English throughout the class. She doesn't mind your making mistakes,though.
噢,她喜欢让我们整节课都用英语,说个不停。但是她不介意你犯错误。
You know, speaking in class is a very good chance to put your English to practical use.
你知道的,在课堂上说英语是一个使用英语的很好机会。